Doug Mowle is a Partner of JMJ and a member of the APAC regional team. He joined JMJ in 2008 and brings more than 25 years of experience gained in global business organizations across the energy, infrastructure and manufacturing sectors.
In his recent roles, Doug has advised and supported Shell to expand their safety leadership capability across the upstream, midstream and downstream businesses. This has included facilitating some of Shell’s most senior safety forums including the RDS Supply Chain Safety Leadership Forum which is driving standardization and simplification across the industry.
Doug has led JMJ teams that have supported our clients to deliver industry pace-setting results on some of the largest Major Capital Projects in the Middle East:
This included supporting Shell to achieve 77 Million hours LTI Free on the Shell Pearl GTL Project in Qatar which set the standard for safety and worker welfare (2008-2011) and was awarded the Shell Global CEO Award for safety and welfare three years running. The project team was recognized for creating an extraordinary culture of care amongst the 55,000 workforce.
Doug went on to lead a team that supported RasGas to achieve 120 million workers hours LTI Free. With a workforce of 35,000+ speaking 50+ languages in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
He relocated to Singapore in 2013 to head up a number of major capital projects and operational interventions expanding JMJ reach and impact across the region. These included:
- EXXON PNG LNG Project in Papua New Guinea with a workforce of 25,000+ workforce achieving 60 million workers hours LTI Free and received the Project of the Year award.
- Ichthys LNG Project 30,000+ workforce, multiple locations in Darwin Australia and the Asian Fabrication yards. The project achieved 70 million worker-hours LTI Free. Petronas Train 9 LNG Project in Malaysia with an 8,000+ workforce, achieving 22 million worker hours LTI Free
- Donggi Senoro LNG Project in Central Sulawesi with a 3,000+ workforce, reaching 35 million worker hours LTI Free.
- Co-presented ' Leadership: Inspiring Consistent Process Safety Performance' with PETRONAS at the CCPS Global Summit on Process Safety in Malaysia, November 2015
- Presented 'Creating High Performance Teams in Refining' at the 17th Annual Asian Refining and Technology Conference in Singapore, March 2014
How can we help?
Thank you for your interest in JMJ. To reach a member of our team, simply select the team member from the drop down menu. Please complete the form below and share a few details on how we might serve you. A member of our team will promptly reply back. We look forward to connecting with you!
For all general inquiries, please click here.