JMJ’s approach to creating a collaborative team for our plant turnaround resulted in significant improvement in safety, site morale and cooperation in the field between all parties (Shell, Contractors and Building trades).
Frank R Engli
Delivering High Integrity Plant Turnaround
As anyone who’s ever completed a plant turnaround will tell you, they’re filled with numerous risks. They’re time-consuming, costly, and, of course, they’re usually far more complicated than planned. The great majority of plant turnarounds experience failure on one or more levels. And, even though companies usually plan turnaround projects months or years in advance, some 68% of refineries and chemical plants still fail to deliver their planned shutdowns, turnarounds and outages on time.
Challenges our Clients Bring Us
The JMJ Approach
Three key factors can improve your odds of plant turnaround project success: leadership, culture and behavior. We can help you address all three. It’s a three-pronged strategy that includes a rethinking of leadership practices as well as the rigorous management of processes.
A Highly Adaptable Framework
Through decades of experience on turnaround projects around the globe, JMJ has developed a highly adaptable framework, tailored to meet your unique challenges. This framework is used to support your organization’s Turnaround safety (personal, process and environmental) and performance goals through:
- An aligned vision of success that includes Incident and Injury-Free™ (IIF™) and performance goals for all stakeholders
- Clear expectations, commitments and leadership among key personnel
- A strategic plan that generates both ownership and action across stakeholders
- Enhanced, accelerated capabilities for efficient turnaround execution
- An integrated set of actionable turnaround tools and clear steps for execution